The Y is proud to offer affordable Child Development through our School Aged Childcare!
Our Child Development work, commonly known as childcare, is part of a long tradition of childcare at the YMCA that started in the 1960s. The YMCA’s childcare…
- Is licensed through the PA Department of Human Services.
- Is recognized by Keystone STARS.
- Accepts payments from Child Care Works (CCW/CCIS).
- Offers financial assistance and scholarships through the generous contributions from donors and United Way contributions
- Has curriculums that align with the PA Early Learning Standards.
- Promotes creative thinking, exploration of science and mathematics, inquiry, discovery, beginning/building literacy, community involvement through enriching activities
- Encourages physical activity and team building through a variety of recreational games
- Gives students the opportunity to explore on their own through a variety of activity centers, including science, math, literacy, crafts, dramatic play, manipulatives and more
Locations and Contact Info:
Bob Hoffman Dover YMCA Childcare
- Dover Elementary
- Leib Elementary
- North Salem Elementary
- Weigelstown Elementary
- Roundtown Elementary (also serving Sinking Springs Elem)
- Hayshire Elementary (also serving North Hills Elem)
- Stony Brook Elementary (also serving North Hills Elementary)
- Wallace Elementary (also serving Lincolnway & Trimmer Elementary)
The W. Dale Brougher Foundation YMCA
- Shrewsbury Elementary
- Stewartstown Elementary (Also serving Southeastern Intermediate)
- Southern Elementary (also serving Friendship Elementary students)
Pleasant View (also serving North Hopewell, Clearview, LJM, Mazie Gable, Windsor Manor and Winterstown Elementary)
- Locust Grove
717-235-0446, Ext. 412
York Branch Kids Club
- Ferguson Elementary
- STEAM Academy
- Lincoln Charter
- York Academy Regional Charter School
717-843-7884, Ext. 223
Please note the site your child attends school and the site for which you will need care to be provided if different than the school they are attending.