Find Your Job. Find Your Y!
A career at the Y gives you opportunities to explore future career pathways with an organization that’s invested in helping you reach your potential – all while making a positive impact in your community!
Our staff members—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving our community’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
Explore the menu below to learn more about
our priority positions and benefits!
You can give hundreds of young kiddos the opportunity to explore on their own through a variety of activity centers, including science, math, literacy, crafts, dramatic play, manipulatives and more!
Our Lifeguards are vital employees that keep the members in our pools safe.
We have immediate full time and part-time positions available at our indoor & outdoor pools throughout York and Lancaster Counties.
Minimum age is 15 years old. Must have swimming experience, pass a swim skills test, and be able to submit clearances.
IMPACT THE FUTURE! Immediately become an integral part in the development of the next generation, become a summer hero who mentors and guides young people. The YMCA of the Roses offers multiple Summer Camp programs for school age and PreK students. At camp, you will supervise between 10-15 children and engage in decision-making, behavior management, and living ethics – all necessary leadership skills for today.
All Camps begin on June 5th and will be closed on July 4th.
Camp locations include:
- Camp Friendship at the Lampeter-Strasburg Branch
- Camp Unity at the City Center Branch
- Camp Spirit in Mount Wolf, PA
- Camp Discovery at the W. Dale Brougher Foundation YMCA in Shrewsbury
- Pre-K Camp at the City Center Branch
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Attained or be pursuing a degree in education, recreation, sports management, human services or other youth related majors preferred
- One (1) year of experience working with children required, preferably in a camp setting
- Obtain a State Police, Child Abuse, NSOR and/or FBI clearance in compliance with Child Protective Services Law and YMCA policy
- Must have or obtain Pediatric First Aide/CPR and AED certification (offered at the Y)
Outdoor Pool Staff
No better way to spend the summer than outside and making money! Pools are open from May 27th until Labor Day, 7 days a week. Grab a friend and earn a $250 referral bonus too!
Graham Aquatic Center Positions: Outdoor Lifeguard, Pool Desk Attendant
Lampeter-Strasburg YMCA Positions: Outdoor Lifeguard, Pool Manager, Assistant Pool Manager, Pool Desk Attendant
Leola Community Pool: Outdoor Lifeguard, Pool Manager, Assistant Pool Manager, Pool Desk Attendant
If you are interested in being a Lifeguard, we will provide the certification!
- Free use of YMCA facilities
- Generous paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Short-Long-term disability
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- YMCA Retirement Plan
- The YMCA pays 9% of your wages each month after 2 years of working 1,000+ hours
CLICK HERE for more details, or watch a short clip here!