Make a big difference. Service to others is at the core of our mission. When you volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change in your own community. As a volunteer, you build a network with other caring, committed individuals striving to make a difference.
Ways to Volunteer
- Lead our Board of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams
- Motivate and support youth in building character, strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation and to our local community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support others
How to Volunteer
YMCA program volunteers are required to complete and return a volunteer application, undergo an interview and training process. This helps us to find the best fit for your skills while also ensuring the safety of our members, staff and other volunteers.