NOTE: The 2021 Strong Challenge has ended! Stay tuned for info on the 2022 challenge and more by signing up for our enewsletter by clicking here!
Welcome to the STRONG Challenge!
Now, more than ever, we need each other and that means being Stronger Together. Join our STRONG Challenge with your family and friends and we will help you get strong physically and emotionally!
WHAT IS IT?
- FREE 30-day challenge to help you strengthen your physical, mental, and spiritual health through activities that build healthy habits
- FREE & Open to YMCA members and the community (nonmembers)
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- Text STRONG to 844-889-6222 & fill out the form linked in the text reply to complete their registration.
WHEN DOES IT BEGIN?
- The challenge officially begins on October 18
HOW WILL I KNOW WHAT TO DO?
- Participants will receive 4 text messages each week with challenges, fun content, and ways to get STRONG
- To improve your success, participate in virtual accountability sessions or in-person Meet Ups hosted locally – details coming soon!
- Free Virtual and On Demand Content for all participants, including: workout routines, classes, recipes, nutritional advice, playlists, meditation series, and more!
WHAT HAPPENS IF I MISS ONE OF THE 30 DAYS?
- Do not fret! This challenge is a journey, not a sprint. If you miss a day, come back the next one and try again! The physical goal each week is to move 150 minutes; do your best to reach that goal!
- What if I’m unable to text but want to participate? A: Give us your email and we can get you signed up!
- My text is not going through! A: If you did STRONG in August 2020, RESET in February 2021 or Summer Out Loud in July 2021, try texting “UNSTOP” to the same number and then try texting “STRONG” again.
COMMIT! We’re going to get there, one step at a time. No matter how small, each time you COMMIT to making a new choice, a healthier choice, you are beginning the work to be STRONG.
BELIEVE! When you look in the mirror, do you see what others see: Strength. Resilience. Perseverance. Commitment? It is time to BELIEVE in yourself and find those qualities that shine and make you STRONG.
ACCELERATE! Each step that you’ve take thus far has taken you further on your journey to stength and wellness. Celebrate and commit to moving forward. Trust in yourself, your community and in the skills you’ve gained so far. Celebrate the wins and accelerate to accomplish new goals.